Jun 2, 2008

We now interupt this blog for.....

(click for full enjoyment!)
Is it safe to come out?


Oh, my- I match the floor!

I am a Dumbo Buff with dark ruby eyes. (Please don't laugh at my ears) they are big and round and fit on the side of my head...
Rat meet Dog. Dog meet Rat.
Lets just say...not two animals you would leave alone in a room together! I'm still having that conversation with Nugget about the pending 'flying from the nest' celebration that the House Finches are about to have and that she doesn't need to bring me two in her mouth.... I don't think she was listening!

My wonderful package I received all the way from Poland! Thank You, J! ...and guess what? Tonight I'm starting another altered book. This is one that has been in my head for a very long time and have big plans for!

Now that he is feeling comfortable. (cleaning is the sign of that) Let me introduce my daughters' rat, "Romeo" We believe he has OCD;)...and trying not to be put off because every time we touch him, he has to CLEAN himself...as if us filthy humans touched him!!! BUT against most beliefs..rat are extremely clean animals. Especially pet rats...Oh, we have entered into a huge new culture! Let me share the meaning of being a rat owner! Oh, and you can't forget THIS! ...and I've got to make this and this!...this is an infestation! ok enough....sorry....

(after thousands of pic of cleaning I couldn't believe I caught one with his eyes closed!) Nooooo, Mama, I can't look at any more....because I'm the cutest!

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love rats! Pet ones anyway. :) They are very smart and less prone to bite than other small mammals. Enjoy him!

Brahdelt said...

I wanted to have a rat some time ago but with a cat around the house - there's no way it would survive for long...
I cannot wait to see your altered book - show us what you can do with those papers, girl! *^v^*

Shelley said...

My cat does the same thing...whenever you touch her she has to clean herself. It's cute, really, lol.

carolyn said...

Oh my goodness rats make wonderful pets we used to pet sit a pair for friends then got two of our own. They used to fall asleep in our sweaters! And they survived living with up to 4 cats and 3 dogs.

Deana said...

Those are some Dumbo ears...I can see a picture of Nuggett with a long pink tail sticking out of her mouth!!!!

María Elena said...

Hi Paula,beutiful supply things you has received. I love your garden, here is in recess. Thank for your comment about the embroideries. Hugs.

María Elena said...

Hi Paula,beutiful supply things you has received. I love your garden, here is in recess. Thank for your comment about the embroideries. Hugs.

sonia a.m. said...

Oh! Dumbo Buff looks adorable! So cute the way that Nugget looks to Dumbo! What she thinks about her new pal?

sonia a.m. said...

Oh! Sorry Romeo, I did not see you! LOL! You are so cute, too! Love those links, Paula!

Susan said...

Oh, the rats are adorable. And they are so smart. It will be interesting to see how Nugget reacts to having the rats around as they get to know each other better.

Mary said...

PJ, I gotta admit that rat is cute. My dogs would love it more :o) Oh, boy!!!!!

zippiknits said...

My brother and I always had pet rats while we were growing up. And our girls had them, too. They make lovely pets, very friendly and sweet natured. You've made a beautiful photo journal of darling Romeo's Day.

What are altered books.. I know I haven't been keeping abreast of developments! my bad, and, did the finch all fly?