Jun 12, 2008

Celtic Dreams


...then there were two

....by noon on Sunday.... they were gone.
Made me sad -the carefully watched nest was *empty*. We had fun watching the young birds antics that day. Thankfully, all made it safe from the jaws of the Golden Wolf!

Today they visited me while I filled up the bird bath. Tweeting at me. Some how I felt they were thanking me...
I'm sure the stark reality of an empty nest of my own will hit one day... ...I'm already back to having bus dreams...

I'm listening to this..sorry there are no samples.

Very relaxing & meditative-what I need for today...

4 comments:

Lilli said...

I have this decorative bird house that I bought at Michaels last year, that I assumed wasn't really what a bird should live in. But a chickadee has taken up residence in it! Just noticed it twice in the past couple days, will keep an eye on it to see if babies appear :)

Jeanne said...

Just like Lilli, we had a chickadee make a nest in a decorative birdhouse which sits outside our front door. I guess those chickdees like to like in style! They have already flown the coop too. They make a nest in there every year...except for the year the bumble-bees got in there first.
Those photos of the sky are really awesome...I love the pink clouds!
xo
jeanne

AscenderRisesAbove said...

you have a good eye. i had to really look to see those little guys

http://ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress/

zippiknits said...

The sky shots are just gorgeous. Thank you for the beauty shots! And yes, the babies that come back to the watering hole are sweet rewards for making good places for the birds.

I'm misting the patio garden with hose misters this afternoon. The hummingbirds come into the spray to get drinks and a bath.