Feb 17, 2008

Illusion/Creative




{Inspire Me Thursday} had an 'illusion' prompt...I immediately thought about changing some pictures! IMT helps me with my Creative Every Day Challenge ! You know, I have a little cubby next to my automatic gear shift in my bus where I keep pens and pencils that I find through the days. I have to say I probably have 50 writing items in there right now... I've been know to give out pencils if a child asked for one. I don't recall when I was growing up that kids would not ask their bus driver for a pencil, but then again I do realize I'm a little....different. They really can't see the pencils. I have large suade gloves that I use to check transmission/power steering fluid & oil twice a day stuffed in the cubby on top of the pencils. So, when some kids realize they are there...some times out of the blue they ask for one...and then seem so thankful that I'm willing to give them one ;) It's a comfort to have writing utensils near me....away from home.

9 comments:

jerrychicken said...

Love the dog one !

I have a Golden Retriever too, ten years old next month, he's got to be the laziest dog in the world but hates to pose for me - if I start drawing him he goes all shy and walks away !

Lilli said...

Good for you for thinking outside of the box with photos :)

Love the pencil tale. Another way in which you're making a child's life a little sweeter.

Happy rest-of-Sunday!

Sue said...

The middle picture, of the grayscale/textured rose, is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I like the different settings of the pics.How true the bus drivers never did have a writting instrument with them. ( I wonder if it is that we rememeber is the era?)I think it is nice for you to have them. Take care, Tracy

Anonymous said...

I think that is so very kind of you to give the kids the pencils when they ask, I can't quite imagine an English bus driver doing that!
Carolyn
http://willowhouse.typepad.com

Leah said...

how lovely to have this collection of pencils at the ready!

i like the way you've changed up your images. the flower is really cool!

Deb G said...

These turned out very well! I like the dog one especially.

bonniebluedenim said...

my golden is afraid of the camera. I love your photos...and as a retired teacher I think you are one brave person to be a bus driver. but you must love it....heading on your blog says it all...exactly what the kids need. thanks for being there for them!

Corina said...

Interesting. The dog photo is nice as is the top one. It reminds me of a needlepoint picture.