Jan 16, 2008

Snow Day #2



Hardly any snow, but a very blustery day with 26 mph steady wind and 12 degrees. I'm so glad...I can just imagine preinspecting my bus and opening the door at all the stops...and all the poor little kiddos blowing around! I plan to work on a lot of projects today! Woo-hoo!
Now to the important subject of today:
I'm so excited to get my partner and I have started....but not without a speed bump! Like I always tell my kids before taking a test or doing a worksheet what is the first thing you do (after putting your name on it, of course)?? Look at the above picture....what did I do wrong?
I did not read the directions fully! Should be a no-brainer, but I was sooo anxious to try out the color I forgot to begin in a RIB stitch for around the wrist!

More Softies made by my daughter!

Meet "Frog", "Tad", and "Pole"

and, finally, "Alien"!

4 comments:

Anne said...

How wonderful you joined the mitten swap! I think it's going to be great fun. I just picked out a pattern for my pal - the colors she likes are really different from anything I have in my stash, so I have some stuff on order. Good luck on yours!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter sure has been busy! She makes great softies and must be have a fun time making them.

I went yarn shopping yesterday for your mittens. Limited by the colors avail at the store, but I figured as long as it wasn't a "wimpy" or pastel color, it would work for you!

Happy knitting on the mittens. I'm looking forward to starting yours.

barb michelen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jennhx said...

The softies are sooo adorable! And I love the "height" background. Funny. Happy snow days!