Jan 26, 2008

{Mitten Saturday}

Look what is on the horizon for my { NoMoreHum-Drum2 } mitten exchange....my mitten is coming along- slowly....I have to admit it's getting easier with the dpn's. It's too early for me to say, 'I don't like working in the round'...I haven't experienced it enough to judge just yet. Take a look at THIS studio! So, I thought I would play along and show you my wip of a room. This first picture shows how knick-knacky I am! Whatever is cute, just has to be shown! This reminds me of my need to continue on my shelf lace!
Now this is actually a funny one...the pig...I don't collect pigs, although there is a pig on the shelf above, but I was at Ross and this metal pig was thrown in the clearance pile for $7.00. Poor thing! I thought it was rather ugly with some loose metal inside and uneven legs, but I had this overwhelming feeling it could be one of those heirlooms that no one could throw out...you know, 'Mom's Ugly Pig.' I brought it safely to my Golden Oasis Studio...and she fit in perfectly!! I don't have a name for her. I think she needs one- any suggestions?
My idea board...or whatever inspires me. Again, I want to trim it with ribbon. Someday. My crochet filet butterfly.I found this wonderful shelf at Lowe's. These are some of my favorite things...da, dum, da, dum...bright cooper kettles and warm woolen mittens....

9 comments:

Sue said...

I love that shelf! And I think the pig looks like a "Henrietta," poor dear.

I have to ask- is the green "Mr. Lizard" stuffie from your last post still OK? For some strange reason I had a dream last night that Nugget chewed it to pieces!

Kate said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I came over for a look. I see you made a paper doll, it looks great. I just love Sharon and her blog. Her work is awesome. your idea board is coming along nicely. Mine is really a cluttered mess.

Kate

MarĂ­a Elena said...

Paula: thanks for visit me.I liked your crochet filet butterfly.Years ago I crocheted a lot, now in the quilted ,I use time much.The pig could be named "Valentina".

Brahdelt said...

I love looking at other people's craft rooms, it's so inspirational! I don't think your pig is ugly, it's unusual and that's the beauty of it! *^v^*

Anonymous said...

For a person who doesn't collect pigs, you seem to have several! One more, and it WILL be a collection!

Your Mitten Pal

Vik said...

The mitten is coming beautiful! I love that color combination so much!
Thanks for sharing these pictures, I like them!

Lilli said...

I love the color combo for your mitten!....I don't mind knitting in the round, except like in your case where 'the round' is so small!

Good luck :)

tangled stitch said...

I love the colors of your mitten. Can't wait to see them when they are finished. Love your studio too, much neater then mine(you won't see any pictures).

Jeanne said...

I see you've caught the organizing bug too. I clicked on the link where you said "look at THIS studio" and lo and behold it was MINE! What a nice surprise!!! Like everyone's comments before mine, I am in love with the color combo of those mittens. I feel the need to go make something in those colors now!!