Over at Norah'S was a wonderful paper doll party..scroll down through her blog and see the thoughts behind this...I wish I could be in her head for a day! Her painting is amazing! Anyways, I always wanted to make a paper doll, so I decided to go! I baked a cake for the occasion!
Remember those paper dolls you played with as a child? Well, I recall only having one book of them...after punching out the doll and clothes with little tabs I was very frustrated that the clothes wouldn't stay on...OK, my perfectionism started there!
She was SO fun to make! I used acrylic paint on watercolor paper, jeweled & plain brads, and a little varnish for eyes & lips for lip gloss.
Meet the coolest bus driver ever! Of course, after my creative juices were flowing, I looked at these pictures and noticed that I have my hat & gloves, but not my coat! This really is what I look like these cold days...I always have my Target hat (mine is not shown on link, but if your not familiar with Target -great site), my knitted scarf, brown gloves, and Teva shoes (not exactly that one, but almost)....and of course, a coat! ...and no my pants are not that short ;} but I wanted you to see my socks! Also, if you click on the last picture you can see on top of my pants are the words 'perception, cognition, and behavior'...what a hoot...driving a school bus is a major study of all three words- all dependant on each other!SO, there you have my very first paper doll! I had great fun and really stepped out of my boundaries on this one... I feel another one in the makin' sometime soon! Thanks Sharon!
Thank you for visiting my blog. ^^
ReplyDeleteYour dolls looks like she could start a tap dance any minute now! *^v^* Great job and what a yummy cake!
Yes,she is absolutely the coolest bus driver ever! I am sitting here just tickeled to death that you came to the paper doll party. It was so fun and I really do love your self portrait. That's really cool that you thought to do you! Don't you love how she has attitude. Not only is she a bus driver, I bet she could manage the cross walks near the school. I can just hear her, "halt, children are crossing". Love what you did to her eyes and mouth.
ReplyDeleteAlso, it was so great for you to bring the cake.
She is a lovely doll and I always had a problem with not being able to keep the clothes on too! Perhaps you have inspired me to try making one myself. It looks like a lot of fun. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteLots of fun!
ReplyDeleteCute! I especially like the Teva shoes.
ReplyDeleteWay too cute. I loved playing paper dolls as a kid. I think I will have to make one too. Some where in the back of my mind I thought of using paper dolls in a scrapbook page but I never have.
ReplyDeleteComing over from IMT....she is soooooo cute!!!! Love her!! All these paper dolls I'm seeing lately are making me wanna play too!!! :)
ReplyDeleteMy mother would never let me have barbie dolls, so I had paper dolls. I loved playing with them. They left more to the imagination.
ReplyDeletePretty doll!!!
ReplyDeleteI had 3 paper dolls - I even remember their names: Amy, Cindy and Sue. During a Spring cleaning my aunt gave them away to charity without consulting me... I was so sad... I would have kept them... :(
Hi PJ!
ReplyDeleteLove your paper doll project! Oh how I loved playing with paper dolls as a child. I used to wait impatiently for my mother's McCall's magazine to arrive so I could cut out and play with Betsy McCall.
P.S. your new banner looks great!
Jeanne
KUDOS!
ReplyDeleteThat's way cool! I love her attitude with her hands on her hips... I can tell you had such a great time creating her:> The cake looks yummy too!
ReplyDelete