Jan 2, 2008

Hello 2008!

There's hope! We have melting and ONE of my ears are now open! I also have my journal open......(see far below)
The aroma I could smell out of one nostril... it's a recipe I always wanted to try. A very simple Butternut Squash soup...perfect at-home- cold and with a cold....you know, comfort food!
The texture came out perfectly. I couldn't taste exactly, but I could taste the flavor play of the tart apple, squash, onion, pepper- even my kids were amazed.
ahhh, the color ...kind of matches my blog?
Don't ask the difference of color...maybe the influence of the bowl!More comfort food for tonight! Perfect start for 2008!

DEAR JOURNAL:
:Book Diet...what more can I say? I mean sersiously....enough. Just because I can spend x, y, & z (my journal has actual figures) at 3 stores every week is a Bermuda Triangle *drawning in journal* Hobby Lobby, Joann (no 's'), & Micheals very close to me. How about actually reading the books I have?? shock, awe, wow....

:Back to "Choose to Move" & now "Make Smart Choices" (those of you from my typepad blog will recall the 1st one) It worked in '06 and then proved to maintain and lose a little in '07. (actual figures in journal), but it's at 34 lbs loss....slowly. It's not diet or kill self w/exercise. It's a whole plan- kind of taking care of self first and mindful of what you put into that hole called a mouth and once and a while move and envision the heart, the main-most important muscle in the body getting strong...fibers-muscle cells feeling good. That's it in a nutshell. Worked before...will work again. This thought pattern is what works for me. It's if I want that big fat cheese burger...it's O.K. no putting down self ....just not every week!!!! Treat myself to a bath with a good book (that I have already bought!)

: Now before I say the next one, there needs to be a footnote --->these are loose resolutions because the underlying factors are more important to change and that can't overlook some things I've accomplished. ---> WORK ON MY PLANNED CRAFT PROJECTS. (you know what they are) Now, again, look at each and decide why I haven't worked on them. Hey, don't be afraid to chuck it if the deep truth is that you plain-out don't want it anymore (style changed, hate the yarn, or really don't like it- like, what did I see in this?) again....it's O.K. No craft homicide detective will come to the door. GET OVER IT. Clarity, simplify, cleanse.

However, time saved from not going to my Bermuda Triangle during my midday hours, I will go into my glorious craft room that I have always wanted and now have and PLAY!

This is basically it. I do want to explore seriously my watercolor and try some exercises in books that I have acquired on the subject. I want to read some ancient book...maybe Beowulf....and really do a study on it. I want to work on an altered book named 'Butterfly' that I have been in my mind ALL this past year and have a lot of acquired (of course) stuff for it. I envision an 'anyday' one going at the same time to test some newly found techniques from magazines I have and see on-line.

Last year I had on the list "walk Nugget more" I failed at that. Like Cesar Milan once said, 'Even though a dog might have a big house and yard they still need to have that energy released' or something like that. Of course, here's the deal- she's a Golden Retriever that seems very content laying around- when I play outside- dare I say 'fetch or retrieve' (what ALL retrievers are suppose to do) After about 3 times she is uninterested and lies down and just wants a belly scratch...forever!
Now, the few and far between walks I have taken her on, she loves and seems excited and does very well- and let us not forget...benefits my heart (as well as hers) So, as weather permits- walking we will go. To keep her trim in the summer, too because of the cow she is- MOO!! never throws up though & finally, and this really isn't a 'resolution' because I'm proudly doing it because moving to CO has helped so much because of certain dreams come true- enjoy the spirit of my home, ideas to simplify, and be at peace.

This really is what I have in my journal -grammatical errors galore!!
..so you got a peek!
Here is hoping for the best for 2008 for you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your family - sounds like you have lots of plans for 2008.
carolyn
http://willowhouse.typepad.com

Cathy said...

Lots of good concepts! I look forward to seeing the fruitations.

And getting over not feeling the love for previous WIPs, cleansing them out of your psyche - a good thing to do.

No guilt trips allowed in the workroom!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I must say the soup looked good.I am not one for squash but just the color and the look of a smooth texture was something I would definitly try. I look forward to this next year peeking at your blog. I hope it is everything you hope it to be. Take care my friend.
L- Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hello, I must say the soup looked good.I am not one for squash but just the color and the look of a smooth texture was something I would definitly try. I look forward to this next year peeking at your blog. I hope it is everything you hope it to be. Take care my friend.
L- Tracy

Lorette said...

Happy New Year! That soup looks yummy!

Sonia said...

Humm! The soup looks delicious!

Have a WONDERFUL 2008!

Deana said...

You are a serious cook!

zippiknits said...

This is something, this lovely soup, that I'm going to talk DH, who does all the cooking now, into making. Yum!

And... from out of your journal...

"WORK ON MY PLANNED CRAFT PROJECTS."

To which I can say yes and amen! And thank you for capitalizing it! I love journaling but never do it.