Nov 3, 2007

Scarf Complete!



Oh, my! Finally complete! This pattern was from Charmed Knits. It's a 'House Scarf' in Slytherin' colors. I used a circular size 8 bamboo needle...which knitting this scarf in the round seems to take for ever because of the stockinette Stitch...thank goodness there was a color change after every 18 rows ;) I used Red Heart 'Hunter Green' and Simply Soft 'Heather' for the silver. Yes, two different yarns yielded a bit of curve on the grey, but the colors meant more to my daughter. I know some people are yarn snobs, but I just have to say I find R. Heart yarn to be SO easy to knit with...the Simply soft was just that, a little softer and slowed me down a bit, but otherwise you can't really tell the difference of texture.
She was so proud to show it off at school..at band practice one guy was bragging about his scarf that his mama had made and said to her showing hers, "Well, at least mine is hand made" Meaning he thought she bought hers ;) She was proud to tell him hers was handmade as well! Another one of her friends told her," Oh, I'm so jealous...I'll pay your mom $50 to make me one!"
*SMILE*

11 comments:

Lilli said...

WooHooo! There's a few compliments there, I think. I like the scarf too. It looks so lush and generous.....like a big hug.

Congrats on a project done, and well-done :)

Sonia said...

Wow! Just beautiful, Paula! Love the scarf! Congratulations!

Jeanne said...

Great scarf and what a talented model too! Oh and those pumpkin muffins look mighty yummy!

Rebekah said...

Very cute! I beti t took forever to knit though. Scarves always annoy me about half way through, probably why I don't knit very many. But they make good gifts.

Anne said...

Wow! Compliments from teenagers? You should be very very proud - and it looks great!!

Deana said...

Very very nice! I bet she was excited to show it off. It is nice to have such a talented mother! Good luck with the novel. Your pumpkin cupcakes (below) look so good.

Deana said...

Muffins..duh, my mind is so crazy.

Tracy said...

Your scarf turned out wonderfully.I enjoyed seeing a picture of it. take care.

carolyn said...

Bet your feeling proud!

IcySonata said...

i like ur scarf but does any1 know of a patterns like this one that are in crochet i really like the pattern but idk how to knit xD if anybody has any helpful links for free patterns plz pm me @ IcySonata@yahoo.com. thanks and ur scarf is awesome! :)

Kahunaliu said...

I simply love your scarf! It's very nice :D