Feb 24, 2007

House!

Yesterday the sellers accepted our offer! Soon we will have the keys to our Colorado Springs home-mid to end of March! Meanwhile, we are in a furnished short-term apartment. Not exactly what we like, but it's clean, warm, and a lot roomier than our travel-trailer. It's not as cold as I thought (perhaps because of the lack of humidity) Next week the kids will be starting their new schools as we had the signed contract to enroll them. It's going to be important to get a library card so I can use the computer. As our WIFI is hit & miss right now in this apartment...need to look up where the free spots are in town! So soon I will be doing the taxi service for the kids because our apartment is not in the area where the schools are....whew...at least many fine details are over with! Thanks for all your comments...although I haven't answered personally...they really mean a lot!  We are all doing fine!  What until you see the back view from our porch....the full unobstructed view of the entire mountain range!!!   Breathtaking!!!    I can't wait....these days are going to crawl I just know!   At least all the stressing details are over and I'm bringing out some of the books I wanted to read and those knitted throws :+)


No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go
with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.

13 comments:

Woven ~N~ Spun said...

glad you made it there finally.

Cathy said...

Oh good - you found a house. Now you have to let me know where it is so I know how close you are to my folks. I am so glad you are all safe and somewhat sound. ;-)

Charleen said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! I always felt so stressed out until I knew where we were going to end up.

Sue said...

Congrats on the house! I know it feels great to have that "detail" worked out.

carolyn said...

Great news!

Sonia said...

Congratulations Paula!
I am looking forward to see the photos!
(((Many hugs)))

Janine said...

Congratulations! I can't think of anything better than a view of mountains....

Lorette said...

Glad you made it safely. And a new house, Woo hoo!
And from your previous post: wifi at campgrounds, what will they think of next!

Deana said...

Congratulations on owning a new home! Glad you are there safe and sound. I'm excited to hear about a new beginning.

Ganymede said...

I'm so very happy for you guys. I'm not sure what part I love the most: DH is home for good, you are all where you've wanted to be for a long time, you've found a house so quickly, or just that you arrived safely. I thank God for your happiness and safety. He is truly good all the time and everywhere.

I hate those double move deals. Is most of your stuff in storage? Will the NAV pay to keep it there until you've moved? Are you in temp. Navy housing or out in town. I know your busy, but I need details girl.

Love to you all.
Donna

Rebekah said...

Yeah! A House! That is exciting. I hope everything goes smoothly with your closing.

Lilli said...

Yaaay!!! I hope the next few weeks are much easier and go much more smoothly than you have any right to expect :)

vanessa said...

im so happy for you!