




Where did that one come from? A Coast Guard bird!
Thank you all for your well wishes for our upcoming anniversary! It's exciting- many he has missed, so regardless of the move...or little things like being without a home...as long as we are together! :)
Ok, enough mushy stuff! You bird-people get out your books...lets compare notes on my above birds! I just love the third picture with 4 different types hanging out together!
A robin, cardinal, bluebird. Aw, you know I'm kidding :)
ReplyDeleteClockwise from upper left: (1)Marbled Godwit, (2) Heermann's Gull, (3) Royal Terns, (4) two Heermann's Gulls (one in breeding plumage with white head!), two Royal Terns, two Western Gulls, and I can't tell what the little sandpiper-type is at the edge of the water is.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Looks like a fun trip to the beach.
happy happy anniversary pj!
ReplyDeletemy dh still has fond memories of san diego.
more than 40 years later, every time he have a beautiful low humidity day here, he always says, "southern california weather!"
Can't compare, our English birds tend to be different to yours. It was always one of the things I found strange about visiting the USA that the birds even sounded different - they too had American accents!
ReplyDeleteWow Sue had all the answers! I think the coast guard is a really neat service.
ReplyDelete