Jan 13, 2007

Lady Bugs













(as set up by my daughter for me to find on the shelf in the kitchen!)

Lady Bug with rock: "Hi, Bird, this is my friend Rock..I don't know why my Bug friends don't like you...you guys have been on our shelve for a long time and I think you guys are cool. Don't you just love my wick?"

Other Lady Bug privately talking to another rock: "I think you and your friend are just fine...I'll talk to the other about you"












Group of Lady Bugs: "Do you see our fellow Lady Bug talking to that Rock and Bird..and the other one too? I don't know what is going on- these Rocks are messing up our group!"

Then a few days or weeks later I change that saga...and we go back and forth like this with these cute candle lady bugs that I received in a gift basket from my husband a couple of years ago. I think it's sweet (..and a bit odd) that my 'almost 15 year old' teen and I have this cute 'thing' going on. That is one good thing I think we have is a very open communication with lots of humor ...however odd it is. She is such a good kid! I think I will make a change in our lady bugs right now! ...oh, and we don't tell each other -just wait for each other to find it!

9 comments:

Tracy said...

I think that is going to be some wonderful memories to look back on having with N. Will they appear on your new window sill in CO? Take care my friend.

deana said...

I think lady bugs are one of the cutest of God's creations. They seem so cheery all the time....even though they may be mean and bitter if you got to know them!

Heather said...

Hey PJ..could you drop me a line at zolzer at olypen dot com. I'm a Coastie Wife and hubby just got orders to a ship out there. I notice you live in housing and would like to pick your brain about a few things if possible! Thanks! :) Heather

Sue said...

Testing comment functionality... did this work? (Cute ladybugs!)

Shelley said...

The ladybug candles are cute!

Lilli said...

That's so cute. It makes me miss my Mom and the silly little rituals we had. It's the small things that are important :)

Charleen said...

I think it's cute! My youngest son (now 24) and I did things like that too. Unfortunately here on the east coast what you get are dead lady bugs on the windowsill and any other sunny area. It's a species that was introduced as natural insecticides but they are taking over! Yuck!

Rebekah said...

That is sweet and odd, which makes it perfect. I have such fond memories of stuff like that with my folks, which makes me feel closer to them now that we live a bit away from each other.

carolyn said...

Brilliant and your right it is knda sweet.