Dec 6, 2006

From Point A to Point B

Oh, my gosh...third post for the day...this is absolutely a record! (and to think the day isn't over!)

My DH has made it safely to Bahrain where he will be for about 2 nights before getting to the ship. He has not been able to sleep. That is from 2pm yesterday to 2am Thur.(his time)today, so that is almost 24 hours, right? Talk about time machine stuff. Here is a link if anyone is interested.

Oh, Lili really hit the nail on the head with the word 'fragmented' in yesterdays comment...that is talking my language...have to run 'defrag' in my head ;) yes, to answer some comments- after 17 years with our move to CO my DH is going to 'shore command' for three years as a US Navy Recruiter and then a few months after that period he will be due to retire. (20 years) The three years on 'shore' will be bliss...there are no ships in Colorado Springs!!
----> or maybe...the USS Standstill!!!!

3 comments:

beadlizard said...

I'm glad to see you have your sense of humor in place -- I can imagine a Gilbert & Sullivan spoof for the USS Standstill... --Syl

Donna said...

Thanks for the link to the map. It really hit home to me when I was able to see where he was going. I'm so glad you are back to blogging. I missed you.

Deana said...

I'm glad you hubby made it safely....I hate I am so behind!