Nov 16, 2006

In Memory

Our family has received word that my husband's twin has passed....two days before their birthday. She had some health problems throughout the year, but when into the hospital with pneumonia and passed away yesterday- this was a shock. After the Red Cross Message my husband has been airlifted from his ship (they were in the middle of the Persian Gulf) and he is currently in Bahrain waiting for the long flight to Georgia. It's so hard I can't be there for my husband immediately after, but I'm warmed by the thought his fellow Chiefs had gathered around him...collected some spending money and will be sending flowers to his family. The Captain and XO personally lead him to the helicopter. Even the pilot commented, "that's a first...I usually don't ever see the Captain and XO" He will be on emergency leave. This is very hard. My poor Niece is finishing up her Senior year. Words in this instance never clearly cover the magnitude of this. Words can't express how I can't wait to see my husband...but not this way. Thanksgiving will be hard though nice to have him home for the short time... it's all too hard.

20 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, PJ, (hugs) to you all on your unexpected loss. I hope that your husband's trip to Georgia is a safe one and that he finds comfort in being able to be present with family at this difficult time.

Sue said...

So very sorry for your loss. It's the unexpected losses that are the hardest. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Rebekah said...

OH, I'm so very, very sorry for your family in this time. There aren't words to express how sad this is. Please take care.

Lilli said...

Such sad news :( A friend of ours recently lost his twin brother, and it's been a heavy thing to deal with.

Very best wishes for your family.

Donna said...

Oh I am so sorry. I know you all must be heart broken. And to lose a twin. You guys are in my prayers.

Sonia said...

Oh, Paula, I am very sorry for your loss. It's so sad! I did not know that your husband had a twin sister. Sending a warm hug to you and your family.

Vik said...

Hugs, Paula. I´m very sorry.

Cathy said...

Oh, give L a hug for me - such a hard loss. Pneumonia is such a sneaky killer. Take care of yourselves.

Jeanne said...

Okay, this is too much of a coincidence...first my co-worker's sudden passing and now your sister-in-law. What is going on? Thank you for your kind words about my loss. Now it is my turn to extend the same condolances back to you. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Charleen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please pass my condolences on to your husband. (You can tell what a wonderful man he is by the way his fellow officers treat him.)

Lorette said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Someone once told me that losing a sibling was "losing the historian of your childhood". You and your family have my deepest sympathies and will be in my prayers.

carolyn said...

I'm so very, very sorry.

teabird17 said...

How awful - I'm so sorry. You're in my thoughts --

melanie

Deana said...

I am so sorry for you, your niece, husband, and all the family. What a sad loss here at the holidays.

I am sorry too for being late on my condolences, I've been away and am just catching up. I wish you love and warmth and peace to hold close to you all during this time.

Paula said...

So very sorry for your loss. Prayers & condolences are sent to you, your husband and his family.

Tracy said...

Know that you are all being prayed for and thought of.With much love.

Kali said...

Dear PJ ~ My heartfelt condolences to you all on the passing of your Husband's twin. I am sorry for your loss.
Take care...Kali xo

Vik said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Paula, to you and your family in this sad time.

Jennifer said...

Paula, I'm very sorry to hear your news. My hugs & thoughts go out to you, your husband, and the rest of your family. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
Love,
Jennifer

Melissa said...

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. If you need a friend and want to meet sometime to knit/crochet let me know!