This is 'America's Park' in downtown Colorado Springs. It's a fountain in the summer and those spurt fountains for the kiddos.
It's a 'gentle led' (she can fully pant/drink water etc.) I don't mind the 'tired pull', as I call it, on a trail it can help and she understands 'slow' going down hill, but 'on cement/grass citified' walks she thinks she is a sled dog or something!
I'll keep my thoughts of the park to myself, other than, it's a city trying to 'upkeep' or 'upscale' downtown...not sure it's working will probably never go back to it again.
I'll keep my thoughts of the park to myself, other than, it's a city trying to 'upkeep' or 'upscale' downtown...not sure it's working will probably never go back to it again.
Next is 'Nancy Lewis Park' a little further north. (flowers, fountains, memorials, duck pond, a 'built' marsh with unique walk across) Much nicer!
Nancy Lewis started the Co. Springs park system in 1966.
Nancy Lewis started the Co. Springs park system in 1966.
Anyway, I feel like a hibernating bear waking up. Relaxed, hungry, and somewhat grumpy. Ready for some spring time rain!






I'm so glad you've started posting here once again. I thoroughly enjoyed your critique of the parks. And the look at your frisky new pup!
ReplyDeleteThat park looks like it could be great once the bulbs naturalize a little more over the next few years. All my winter bulb flowers are catching heck because the weather is wonky and it's now getting too dry.
Big HUGS, P.J.
Hello Paula
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind words to me. I am very sad more than I can say.
Sending hugs and Love
Love your beautiful photos!
ReplyDeleteHugs!