Nov 10, 2018

'My' Tree


After 39 years, it's still there! It was on the edge of my parents property in Bailey, CO.
This tree spoke to me..comforted me...occupied me. I knew it from 9 to 13 years old. Then I left it.

 The bush at the base was still there overshadowing the lichen covered rock. I would sit on that rock and look at the views.  When I got out of the car to go speak to my tree I breathed in deeply. The smell I totally remembered. Same smell! A dry, higher altitude, Ponderosa pine smell. I remembered the yellow winged grasshoppers. Not sure of the name. Did you know that Colorado has over a 100 types of grasshoppers? All I know is that when they 'flew' they made this 'clicky' sound and you would see a yellow color. I would climb on the bigger branches. The tree was my friend.  To the right down at the end of the huge mountain valley you would see Mt. Logan (12,870 ft)

 My Tree
....somehow...I think it was happy to see me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and commenting- Have a Great One!