As I'm approaching the end of the year, I'm reflecting on my books, reading, and my on-line favorite- GOODREADS
I don't have a huge amount of books...maybe around 300. That doesn't seem like a large amount, but if the book police comes they WILL be going in the vents! (Fahrenheit 451 reference)
This year was the most books I've read in the past many years. That was my goal.
Using online Goodreads was very helpful and....fun! There is always something to research, move around, read updates, explore...it's like a closet. Dynamic things you can do with your books.
- First making sure I have all my books listed within. Sounds elementary, but it was amazing 'where' I found some of my books not only on bookshelves....out of the closet and out of the drawers!
- Setting up categories that work for me....Have read, To read-own, To read-don't own, Read-don't own, and there seems to be a third, but can't think of it.
- The correct edition to be pictured within my online shelves! To me it's important.
Finally, the issue of to read or not to read. I own soooo many wonderful books to read. I have soooo many books I want to seek! So, how many pages do you give a book that you find just 'not in to'? I give it 50 pages! Thanks for listening to my pondering.
Oh, and by the way...I still maintain... I NEED REAL BOOKS!
Oh, and by the way...I still maintain... I NEED REAL BOOKS!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you very much for reading and commenting- Have a Great One!