Jul 27, 2008

Barns

I hear from a veteran bus driver last year that this used to be the ol' Falcon store....and soon to be taken down.
This is on a very active horse ranch...not sure it's used...maybe to store hay? The orange barrel signifies Woodmen Rd. going from two lane to four...

Ouch hurt your eyes...sorry. Again, another cute barn off Hwy 24 (going by at 65mph.) The land has been taken over by a developer that has started on the other side near Woodmen. 'Banning Lewis Ranch' will take over that Marksheffel/Woodmen/Hwy24 triangle and extend East of the PetersonAFB East gate! Cathy will know the roads. This was near Florissant, CO. As with any old building- I like old barns.
Zebras just make me smile and I do always come up with the question...you know the question:The Pueblo Zoo answered it! After all these years! To think of the many zoos we have visited through our military moves...right here in Pueblo, CO-had the answer!
A wonderful little zoo I will share about next time! Meanwhile, before then I will be bidding on my bus route. NONE of them remain the same (schools, times, stops, bus#'s, etc.- drats I can't even have my old route) I feel for the kids....
I will keep your posted of the news!

5 comments:

Deana said...

I like old barns too. Especially the red ones. I have often thought of doing a photo series of them from local farms for the gallery. I think it would go over well in the area.

Cathy said...

I believe I know where every one of those barns are. Everyone I know in CS is not pleased with the4 Banning Lewis development but the developers are in power (city politics). A bit cranky about a water deprived area getting MORE houses. Dumb dumb dumb.

Cute zebra poem!!

Tracy Lee said...

I love the barn pictures, and of course the Zoo. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and praying for the beging of your new school year starting tomorrow. Take care and will talk soon.

sonia a.m. said...

Great barn pictures, Paula! Loved them!

I have been visiting a nice blog from Colorado Springs. Do you know My Wildlife Sightings? It's worth a visiting.

A big hug to you.

zippiknits said...

My grandpa had a big barn just like the first one. We used to sleep in the hay loft and also be would slide down the loose hay or rather tumble down to the bottom of it. Loads of fun. Thanks for the great look around in your county. Brings back memories..