Dec 10, 2007

Driving on Snow



My first day of driving on icy roads and snow packed slick back streets in a bus! It went very well...at least I could see! Last Friday the fog was so bad I was pulling into intersections where I really couldn't see. That was very stressful to say the least.... then to see those drivers that will not put their lights on..... hello? Anyway, a bus handles very well because of it's size. Looks like we are getting more snow tonight and tomorrow...so more fun if not a snow day. I doubt it.

I usually do not go into news things in my blog, but this really disturbs me what happen this past weekend here...how tragic-what leads a person to do something like this?

The beautiful balloon creations were from this weekend at our school district's "Santa Express" put on by the bus barn. We sponsored children from our district that were in extreme need....put on a breakfast, shopping for little gifts for their family, and a bag full of presents including a coat and a backpack. My kids helped set up...that meant waking at 4am and getting there at 5am....we had a wonderful time and I was so proud of my kids for being so helpful. At the end...the balloon guy did some balloons for them :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done for driving your bus in all weather conditions, just watch out for the car dirvers we are the worst!
Carolyn
htto://willowhouse.typepad.com

het lieveheersbeestje said...

This is realy great, your kids are wonderfull! Give them a big hug from all of us all the way from the Netherlands (where schoolbusses don't exist and we have to go by bike through cold,snow and mostly rain...)!

Greatings from family Lieveheersbeestje.

Rebekah Knit Knack said...

I can't even imagine the stress of driving a bus in bad weather! Hopefully you won't have many days of that.

What a cute balloon.

Anonymous said...

Looks like T was in the Christmas spirit. Is that a Santa hat? V likes to wear hers out to stores.SOunds like a wonderful weekend. It was so sad to see what had happened. Till later. Tracy

Sonia said...

You are very brave, Paula, I can imagine that the stress of driving a bus in bad weather is enormous!
I would like to see a photo of you driving this beautiful and yellow bus!

Give a big hug to your kids!

Deana said...

You are brave!

adam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.