Aug 2, 2007

It's THAT Time!!


I have a ROUTE! ...and I have been very busy practicing that very route. I always think of Ms. Frizzle! Do you know the book character I'm talking about? My bus will certainly not turn into an underwater vehicle or grow wings and fly, but that first day practising my route I thought it will be a total miracle if I get these kids from point A to point B (and all the stops in between) ON TIME!! My district is very good about the need to be 100%safe and be able to perform this miracle, so they pay for 3 to 4 days for practising your route. I do believe I'm ready for this Monday!
If I may.....please remind your kids to always walk to the bus, remain in their seats facing forward, indoor voices, respect others, & no trash. AND, if I may continue.....please mom and dad's: do not park in the bus parking, give the '40ft. yellow thing with 10-12 ft. blind sides' a break if the blinker is on- let them over (please!), be patient with us if we aren't exactly to the minute (try driving to an exact parking spot in Walmart for 180 days to an exact time like 3:07pm!), also please understand from a light we will eventually reach 40 mph in the next hour ;) and lastly, if you see the yellow blinking lights and then the red lights with the stop sign......please STOP...it could be your child getting off that bus. (you would be amazed how many people actually don't!)
Now that this public service announcement is over I will get back to my mid-day projects shortly! Have a very safe first day of school!

7 comments:

carolyn said...

Best of luck and as you said you needed to do something like the 8 things I've tagged you - "rules" over on my blog.

Sue said...

My goodness, your town starts school early! Are the kids really going back next week?

Woven ~N~ Spun said...

Good luck and thanks for the safety reminders.

Cathy said...

I think of you daily. Good luck!!!

Rebekah said...

Yes ma'am. thank you fo the ride ma'am. Have a good day ma'am. Suddenly I'm taking swiftly like a rubber-band back to my very brief days of riding a school bus.

Lilli said...

Whoa! So that's how it's done. What a HUGE responsibility!

Vik said...

CONGRATULATIONS, dear Paula!