Oct 2, 2006

"T" Finale

We strive to contain them, but allow them to feel. While we guide them, but we must let go ever so slightly. We rescue them , but we also let them 'figure it out'. As we are still growing, changing, & enduring- parenting is indeed the hardest job.
A Thought For The Husbands....
You are my, Mender of toys, leader of boys,
Changer of fuse, kisser of bruises, Mover of couches, soother of ouches,
pounder of nail, teller of tales, Hanger of screens, counselor of teens,
Fixer of bikes, chastiser of tykes,
Raker of leaves, cleaner of eaves,
Dryer of dishes--Fulfiller of Wishes!!!
But while you're away, I'll take care of the tasks..
I'll be strong and brave--right to the last.
But my heart must wait for the fulfillment it needs
Until YOU return from overseas!
-by Sharon Hughes
...and I know in my heart of hearts- one day I will be waving good bye to another ship... one with my son manning the rails.
No, he wasn't sad saying goodbye this time--he had a new understanding--he was wishing that he was going along. After all, on his Tiger Cruise in 2005- they called him "Little Chief", as he even stood a 'watch' with his father. Wednesday will be three weeks since the start of this deployment...

2 comments:

Deana said...

I am just getting around to catch up...what beautiful things you have written. You bring tears to the eyes! I can't wait for your family to be back together again!

carolyn said...

Oh boy just about breaks your heart doesn't it?