Sep 22, 2006

Knit 1, Purl 2 miles...Actually 3



Amazing how quickly three miles went! I usually read or concentrate on some Yanni (CD) while biking, but I just thought I had some straight knitting to do, so why not on the bike? Worked great. I don't know why it took me this long.

Today the 'Onshore Flow' is over us. Which means 'weather' for San Diego...no rain just gloomy clouds. The grayness is comforting....like a rainy day. It's a great 67 degrees...Autumn in the air, windows opened, comfortably chilly in here. Robert the bear is still asking to be finished as well as my Colorado socks (disregard the book it's on..that is not the pattern I'm using).




6 comments:

Cathy said...

I hang a bag with my yarn on the handlebars and crochet while I pedal. It really does make the time pass. It's cool here too... maybe some of your weather will make it over here!

Rebekah said...

I"ve knit and walked around town before, socks, etc., and surprisingly it works pretty well, as long as it's straight knitting.

But then I tripped and fell on my face, so I quit that. But now walking on a treadmill with no curbs, sidewalks, tree roots, etc. to watch out for, that would work really well I think.

Deana said...

Go Girl! 3 miles is great.

Vik said...

Great idea! Must try it too! ;)

Lisa said...

Cool! Knitting and exercising. What a great combo. I'll try it too.

Lorette said...

Funny! I've tried knitting on the treadmill. Let's just say it's not a good idea.