Oct 6, 2024

Autumn Slowness

 


Quiet times at the cottage. I love this time of year! It's been a good year...lots done. Visits- Grandchild #2 last month. Grandchild #1 next month. Life is good. 
I love capturing that simplistic moment...after having mid to high 80's (yuck) this morning the crispness of the air. To save on electricity, I usually pull out the towels or thick things to dry on the porch. This morning was breezy. A pegmatite or feldspar rock that I keep on my patio table serves as a faithful anchor on the lighter things.



The leaves are starting to change by default because of the shorter days. The high country has peaked already. I didn't get up there to see them. I should have. My plot is at elevation 6762 ft. When I say 'high country' I mean 8 to 10,000 ft.
Yes, that is where I ultimately want to be. It has become quite noisy here. Traffic, airplane noise, as well as inundated with light pollution-I cannot stand LEDs! As I type, with the windows open, the roaring acceleration of those big pick-ups that everyone famously own. (roll my eyes) I constantly find myself having to refocus on how I have my little plot and how thankful I am for my little house. Which I really am! 

My thoughts are with those that have lost so much in this recent hurricane Helene...all the way inland from TN to KY to Carolina's and, of course, FL. Now watching some else churning in the Gulf! Oh, it's been named- Hurricane Milton expected to go across central FL and spare the other southern states!

 I'm thankful CO doesn't experience hurricanes (I've run from a couple in my lifetime), earthquakes, and the only risk of flood is if you live near a river. The major risk here is the fire risk! I'm eyeballing areas that are in the 'minor' risk in the state. Some compromises might have to be made.  Anyway, fun to think about it. One day. Lots to do before then!  🍂Happy Autumn!🍂

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and commenting- Have a Great One!