Feb 19, 2023

The Book that got Away

I usually go to my used bookstore and my library's Friends used bookstore in the same day. Some people like buying shoes or purses, naaaa I'm a lot simpler. They are all little beings of a sort. A treasure hunt.  I rarely buy 'new' books. I have a list on my phone of some 'must read' books, but the last time I did my book fix I failed to review my list. I had 'Lolita' in my hand. A nice older published one...you know the type, light weight! For some reason I put it back for I had already 5 books in my arms. Now for the serendipity power at play, I'm hearing about that book everywhere! I had gone back, but it was not there. Rescued by someone else! Have any of you read Lolita? ...or have a copy that you would like to give away?


This is not represented of what I bought rather some ones I was sorting through...except the one library book. Those Louis L'Amour books (I have them all) are the ones that take place in Colorado and surrounding states, so those are next in line for reading. (they were excited they were pulled) ;) and the 'Words' book was my mom's book when she was in middle school!! AWWW BOOKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and commenting- Have a Great One!