Yes! Got one in before the new month! Fall is coming. I could tell this weekend, but today I confirmed it. On my walk with Molly, we stopped and pondered the small group of Canadian Geese flying above....south.
I feel like I'm coming out of a little funk I was in. I'm inspired with ideas and wanting to do small things around the house. Make it homey. I can smell it. It's not just because of some wind and cool air (that helped), but the nights are getting real dark sooner.
My pet peeve is when the 'First Day of ____' (whatever season) comes. Technically that is incorrect. By the time the First Day comes, it's pretty much half way through!
Fall can present the melancholy feelings...feelings of endings...summer things 'dying'...etc. but at the same time nesting feelings come, a hint of crispness, the feeling of not having to 'keep up' with summer comes....hibernation comfort time. Contemplation time.
Beautiful Sunflower at my local nursery!
How many blooms on that ONE stalk!?
[Let me go to a place...only because it's my blog. Sometimes things get too much and typing it helps. This is madness -what is going on now...on all levels. This 'world' is getting so convoluted!...or is it just in the U.S.? or is it me at the age I'm becoming? We are starting to not know the truth about anything (on purpose?) Everything is becoming spammy. Right and wrong are getting overshadowed. We have a 'leader' that directly {yes} or indirectly promotes this convolution. That's all I got to say. Right now if you go to any mountain town on realtor {dot} com almost ALL of the homes under 500k are 'Pending' (meaning, under contract) ....for good reason and I get it. I'm sitting on a small gold mine with my house here in suburbia-land, but my time is not now. I WANT that mountain home on 5+ acres (and I do mean PLUS!) Anyway, I'm searching for a positive outcome to all this negativity...but I really don't have hope in it. I know history in this country have been worse. Slavery (of all kinds), Trail of Tears, continued racism, etc. but today's times has the technology influence to it on all levels and from outside sources. - I've done what I can do raising two wonderful kids that are successful adults! My transition to next phase seems to be taking longer than I thought. Finally noticing things that, when I was too busy with kids and life, are less than my 'Pollyanna' outlook!]


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you very much for reading and commenting- Have a Great One!