Jun 12, 2020

Finished a Book


Art & Life of Georgia O'KeeffeArt & Life of Georgia O'Keeffe by Georgia O'Keeffe
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Have always loved her work! There were descriptions of certain paintings (even commentary on lines, colors, edges of certain pieces-that got me going!...but then that piece of art described was not shared in the book! This happened repeatedly! It became very frustrating.

Also, the font, size, and weight of the book made it difficult to read. The words vs photos were balanced, although I would have liked to see more of her more popular pieces. So, although, it resembles a 'coffee table' type book, there was a lot of reading to do.

It's probably unfair giving only two stars, as I know most of her history, but I was focusing on the actual publication. If a person does not know her history, this book will certainly take you from her beginnings to the end, so for that reason I would give four stars! It was funny they did not describe her death nor when! She lives on!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for reading and commenting- Have a Great One!