My patio hasn't been the same...my boardwalk rotting...
I'm coming around...three years later... I needed to do this. Home Depot is glad to cut boards to size...however many you need!
PET PEEVE: HD will give military discount just showing I.D. Lowes, on the other hand, Lowe's needs you to go online and register...online they actually ask for your social security number! In days like these, and we know how secure big box stores are with your information...your SS# isn't even ON a military I.D. anymore!!! I declined to do so. Just depends on what I'm getting, which store I will go to!
Now, this looks all simple and fine-doesn't it? These 8 screws really screwed with me trying to get them out! Either broke, bent, rusted or all of above! Me and my trusted hammer fought hard!
Then, to screw the new boards in! Easy peasy! NOoooo, with my hand drill could not get the new screws in! Had to drill header holes first! Well, I'm sure you can imagine how many attempts occurred before I got it right? But when you get it correct, it's like drilling in butter! WA-LA very secure tight boards!
I used the prior owners Deck Seal they left to repaint the boardwalk after trying my hand at removing loose old paint. That was a work out! Hey, I'm pretty much DONE! Don't hold your breath...to really bend at the knees on a knee pad, from stand up, to sitting down...painting each board thickly. Good hour and half. I really felt that I'm not 25 anymore! BUT a very satisfying job.
Honestly, deep down, I want an eight week teddy bear ball of full Golden fluff!
Hey! After all, I'm an empty-nester...what better way than getting back in shape then with a...PUPPY!!!
It was hard to get through this post without humming....
Under the Boardwalk






Oh! I hope you get a golden retriever puppy.
ReplyDelete