Jul 16, 2007

The ONLY way to get High!!

I thought it was very green for the Alpine level! You still have to look cool! (my daughter and her cousin with their huge sunglasses!)
Don't ya just love roads like this? You better turn or else! Most of the road going to the top of Pikes Peak is paved, but some places dirt which actually happened to be the wider parts of the road.
The views just go on forever! (looking northeast)
Have to have rock pictures!
Pikes Peak is the peak I view from my back porch. We all know the song.. America the Beautiful
Yes, you feel the altitude at 14,110 feet!
Everyone needs a snowball fight! Especially if you are from Georgia and have never see snow!
This is looking west (the view from the other side of the mountain) Just as gorgeous!


10 comments:

Mirre said...

So very impressive and beautiful!

Jeanne said...

Oh this brings back some wonderful memories. We were at Pikes Peak when I was a kid and I have a similar picture of my brother and I standing in the snow and holding snowballs. It is quite amazing. But I have to admit that second awesome pic makes me a bit woozy at just the thought of driving on that road! Thanks for sharing.

Cathy said...

Haven't been up the Peak yet this year. My mother's uncle was a caretaker at that reservoir you see in your NE photo. Happy belated birthday to your son!! Sounds like you are all having a wonderful visit!!

Lilli said...

It certainly does look alpine up there, with all those little yellow flowers. Love those long long views.

Um, that road looks pretty scario!

Tracy said...

It looks wonderful, One day we will get there. Looks like the kids were haveing a great time. "I" is a beautiful girl. Enjoy your weekend.

carolyn said...

Wonderful photographs I need to go catch up with your posts as I haven't been around for a while.

Sonia said...

Wonderful place and stunning views! Great photos! I would be there!

Deana said...

OMG you have such beautiful views. Yes a great way to get high!

Rebekah said...

What absolutely beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you all had so much fun getting high.

Kim said...

Oh my............these pictures are STUNNING!!