Oct 4, 2015

My Anchor Had to Continue Her Journey


 ...x-rays showed cancer all over the lungs and spleen...   :( 


 
Goodbye our "Nugget" 
 August 4th, 2004~September 23, 2015
You were the BEST dog...my best friend, my anchor...we were the only ones she knew and we were there all the way to her continuation of her journey.....we are very grateful to have had such a strong love with a dog....  



My Golden Oasis is very sad. Many of you are friends with me on Facebook, so you know. Why I forgot about my blog I do not know...other than the name of Golden Oasis would just make me sad all over again.  I cannot have a dogless home (Nugget would never want me to be alone), but I need to take a pause.  I have some travel opportunities in the next 6 months that I need to do.  I'm going to think about getting a dog before next summer....I'm a one dog gal...I love hard and fall hard. Need to take this time. I DO feel I've been bitten by the Golden bug....they have sweet..sweet souls...a reflection of how I want to be towards my life.

I have to share a tidbit...all the way up to the 11 year & 1 month...when I was filling up her water bowl I would tell her, "Allll puppies need FRESH, CLEAN water...."

I've had a tough past few years...I've gone through the 'be still' time...I'm feeling like I'm coming out of that time and need to break out of my box. This is just emotion talking...but I'm wanting to take a different path.  Maybe some alone time...what I do best.  Social media is getting on my nerves...future of our country/news/ troubling times....need to hibernate a bit, but that is not without doing things. I'll ponder it.

Like I always told Nugget at the end of MANY days...."If everyone lived like Golden Retrievers this world would be a better place."

Sometimes that's all we need is fresh, clean water.......




Until I see you again....

4 comments:

Elaine Normandy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We've had two Goldens, and they are very special dogs.

Sue said...

Oh I'm so sorry. That is never easy.When you're ready you and the right dog will find each other. Hugs-

Zippi Kit said...

Oh my God, not Nugget! I'm so very sorry to hear this. Paula, you gave her the best possible life here. She was a wonderful friend. Big Hugs! *cries*

I think I missed this when trying to move a message from you to the friends box in Gmail. So sorry.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Oh My Dear Paula, I'm so very sorry for your loss... My heart breaks for you and your family and I'm close to you in this sad moment...
Nugget was the most beautiful creature and such a special dear companion and friend.
Nugget brought to you so much joy, happiness and friendship and I love always to see photos of adorable Nugget on your posts!
Sweet Nugget will be deeply felt and will be sorely missed.
Sending you much Love and Hugs of comfort my dear friend Paula.