Sep 8, 2013

'See You in September'

A song a tad before my time, but I like it!  WOW, where does time go?

This year I have a Special Needs Bus route....and have already had some 'special needs' happenings...
My mind is not on my blog as it should be nor am I reading blogs. I miss you, but as you all understand there comes a time where a break is needed. Facebook for me is so easy...I don't have to be 'serious'- the day to day birds, cute feelings, touching base...an easy escape if you will.

As I go through time...having a responsibly nice time with my new life. Time does indeed take care of some things certainly.... I have hit a time now of enjoying my routine of work & home (enjoying my son as a Senior) to the point of maybe 'boring'.  Routine brings comfort.

Time never eludes itself to us the way we want it to...never know what tomorrow may bring. I'm enjoying the spirituality of each day. Routine tends to calm the outside pulls to allow the concentration of such unfolding.

But like that question we ask each other, 'How are you doing?' The truth is...we really don't want to tell each other how we are doing or....fearing that the other person might run!  In a blog...we almost hunger for the explanation.  Maybe I'm the only one that does.

One thing heavy on my heart, mind, and soul.  My mother is dying.

Summer was hard...the last post was a very blase attempt to share.  As you all remember a number of years ago...colon cancer, chemo...my father getting hurt by ice off the roof...ect.

It's back...but this time two masses in the liver and numerous places in the lungs. She is 'comfortably' back at home after a hospital visit and 12 days at a nursing home.... Home is where she wants to be.  There is hospice three-four times a week. My father right there taking care of everything. This weekend I will go down for a visit. In October I have a two week Fall break...plan to be there.  Conversation on the phone is hard. I will be taking a Leave of Absence if need be...

In some way...I believe I have my Answer. I'm suppose to be here...as I could have been in Guam right now.... I am here. SO, I take that journey that many of your have taken...hoping in it to celebrate life while we can and support in the idea.... to let death be a journey of Life and allow it to be a very good thing.....

3 comments:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Oh my dear Paula, I am so very sorry to hear about your dear Mom...
I am speeecheless...
Many hugs to you.

zippiknits said...

Oh Paula. There are just not enough words to say how sad this news is, both to hear, or to live through. God Bless you all. This comes with many hugs and thoughts and prayers for you all.

Cathy said...

It's good that you are stateside...and it's a hard time to go through but so many of us know that way. Lean on us.