Apr 21, 2013

Sunday Stealing...can you imagine that!

I am 'stealing' this idea from my friend...that I met in California ..she doesn't realize how important she is to me as she was 'there' when my life was falling apart!  I'll never forget when I told my son that I was going to meet a blog friend...he said, 'Are you sure you don't want me to go with you just in case...'  (you know, meeting a stranger and all...HA!) I'll never forget that! While you enjoy my meme I share Garden of the God photos..just love the trees...they look like they are trimmed, but they are not.

1.  On average, how long does it take you to get ready for work/school/a day or night out?
Night out? HA..what is that? Anyway, I take an hour from start to finish. This year, I wake up a 'late' 5am and out the door at 6am...most years it's 4:15 and out the door at 5:15.

 2. If you could ask your favorite author one question about the book(s) they wrote, what would it be?
"Mr. (Charles) Dickens, do you think that poverty caused all the crime and, if so, what was the answer to change it?" I suppose the whole discussion on the subject would be nice.
 3. What do you think is the hardest thing about growing up?
That depends on what environments you are dealing with....but, personally, I think it was hard the moment I remember 'playing' wasn't fun anymore...  around 9 I didn't want to play with matchboxes I loved so dearly..less pretend play...ect....then of course the time at which you really don't think your parents are correct anymore.  I felt that rift...even though I maintained doing thing 'right'...
4. Who would you rather switch places with for a day: your favorite celebrity, or your favorite fictional character? 
No way I would want to change places with a celebrity...so, I'll have to say...I think Road Runner would be fun for a day...out thinking silly coyote at every move!

5. Who would you rather have point out a flaw that you weren't aware you had: a close personal friend, or a total stranger? Probably a total stranger because if I didn't like what they said I could conclude 'well, they don't know me'  and ponder what they said safely.

6. Do you get jealous easily?  If so, what sorts of qualities or characteristics in other people are you most jealous of? I do not get jealous. I do view jealous as a personal weakness if not sinful. I suppose if I got jealous of 'something' it would be how different people handle something...it wouldn't be over anything materialistic.

7. Which version of yourself would you rather have a conversation with: the one from ten years ago, or the one you turn into ten years from now? 2003 or 2023?  HA!  I say with certainty 10 years from now!  I'm always a person to look forward not backward.... although, I do not regret 10 years ago at all! I just feel I'm in a 'better place' mentally 10 years later. wisdom? who knows.

8. Were you ever bullied in any way as a child? If so, how has it shaped you today? We had PE every day- once a week we would walk over to the 'Rec. center' for swimming. I had pimples on my back and this one girl would point that out. Not really view it as 'bulling' as that term goes today, but it didn't make me feel good. I just always concluded she was stupid to be the way she was to put others down (it wasn't just me)! HA..other than teasing over acne....I never really was 'bullied'. I feel I do (even to this day) have a strong personalities (take me or leave me) and I usually was taller than most peers. I do feel I may have (even to this day) come across as stand off-ish...

9. What is one fear you would like to overcome in your lifetime? Climbing a ladder. After the second step, I start breathing hard, clammy...just nervous as can be to the point of 'scared'  Years ago I stepped down on a ladder about the second step down, it feel from under me, and I landed on my back knocking my breath out. I was about 13. I was varnishing my 'loft' bedroom in a cabin my parents built. (stairs were not installed yet)
Can't stand ladders!

10. What is one food you haven't tried yet that you would like to? hmm...nothing comes to mind. Let's say Pastries in Europe!!...maybe true Italian food IN Italy!
~HAPPY SUNDAY~

1 comment:

sonia a. mascaro said...

I enjoyed your meme!
Gorgeous photos of Garden of the God.
Sounds so nice to meet a blog friends. I would LOVE to meet you!