Jun 23, 2012

{The Bookshelf Project}


Everyone knows I like books..or at least, I think they do! After my move I realized I had around 20 boxes of books...heavy! I still have about 4 boxes still packed as I do not have the built in shelves I had when we owned our house on Leoti. {gasp}  I know!  I envision one day living in a place where I can just have them out of the bondage of a box!...even if it's cinder-blocks with a nice slab of wood!!!!  One day!  ...and to my horror I'm missing a box of books...they are in storage somewhere in San Diego! Somebody was astonished I knew the titles of the exact books...but don't you know your children's names? Oh, yes...I don't have them...but will reunite one day...and it will be a great day.
Sonia, over at Leaves of Grass prompted me....  I think I've done it before, but I want to renew.
  The Bookshelf Project   quoted from her website: "The Library project celebrates books and our intimate relationship with them. Bookshelves are often much more than a storage space. They are shrines that give us constant stability where ever and whatever life throws at us." 
 ....and AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!!!
I also have my books at Shelfari...if you have an account, look me up  I'm '4PJ'  :)
*********
"We have everything we need to be happy, but we aren't happy. Something's missing. I looked around. The only thing I positively knew was gone was the books I'd burned in ten or twelve years. So I thought books might help." - Fahrenheit 451


3 comments:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Paula, I am glad you like the Bookshelf Project! I know you love books and I hope you find your box full of books and could reunit all them one day...
Love seeing your bookshelves. I anlarged the pictures to read better the titles. Books are our great friends for sure.
Thanks for mention my name and the link of my blog.
Many hugs!

sonia a. mascaro said...

I forgot to say that I went to see your books on SHELFARI and I see the books you plan to read. Enjoy all them!

zippiknits said...

love to see people's book shelves in rl. Awesome!