May 1, 2012

May 1st



Awww, May 1st- doesn't that look good? Did you know I had my daughter 20 years ago this month! This is a very good month. Even with present situation...actually, it's even better!! 

Even though the boxes are fading into the background, I'm still organizing and having fun with that! I found a box that I put together back when I was around 9-12 years old. I was a 'Rock Hound'! I loved rocks! It was great to go through, as if for the first time, remembering how I would be SO excited to find a treasure along my path. I still do, but I think over the years, I've lost some 'likes' that were important to me.


 I really need to take better pictures..my quartz collection with some nice crystals...found in raw form!

The purple doesn't come out as it looks! Looking at a white sandstone rock, I felt incredibly guilty when I found a scribbled note, "Found in Badlands"  yikes, of course, now knowing that you are not suppose to take items from a National Park!

Every new beginning comes from some other's beginnings end~Seneca
Had to read that about three times....SO fitting with what I'm trying to share with you today!
 So, let us go forth and thoroughly enjoy our May!

2 comments:

zippiknits said...

Blogger screens for spam but the spammers get more clever all the time!

I love rocks, too! You love rocks! I guess you are the only other person I know who still has those rocks collected as a kid. Whoot! and Whoot for new beginnings, too!

Happy May, and Happy Birthday to your DD! My sister has a birthday very soon, too!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Happy Birthday to your dear daughter!!!

Love rocks too! When my son went to Italy, I asked to him to bring little pebbles from the Mediterranean's beach.