Feb 9, 2012



 I have seen this little tree from about 1992 to 2011..off and on. It's on Hwy 160 just east of La Veta Pass in Colorado.  No other tree. Always wondered how old it was. I pondered if it enjoyed it's life alone. The passing of the seasons it has seen...the sun rises....the sunsets. Maybe a lone animal sat in it's shade at times- Just that in itself would make it all worth it.  
I privately ponder a lot lately. It hit me hard....while I was bus driving, I would experience, daily, the sun rise and the sun set. Not to mention my house was facing the west (kitchen, dining rm, family rm) ...a constant view.  [work & home] I mentioned to my family... not sure they understand the depth of my feelings on this!
Lately, I have been lured into the Facebook scene. One of my very few 'APPS'  [gee, is that spelled correctly?] is the "Message from God"....and eerily today this- is- what-I-read----
"Allow yourself time to be nourished with the beauty of this world. Watch the sun rise, gaze at the ripples of water on the lake, listen to the songbirds, feel the breath of the breeze, glory in the colors of the sunset, feel the magic of the moon. This beauty is the air for your soul.""
......this IS what I need and miss  after all the stress/details/move....and other stuff.  
~Note To Self:  need to work on this in the next few days~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and then to be able to recognize the beauty in all things.......

Cathy said...

Transition time - there's always such thoughts waiting to pounce. I felt the same way in MO - I missed the wide open spaces of Colorado plains and the mountain vistas.

Soon a new view will refresh your soul!!

zippiknits said...

The little tree can still feel you when you think of it. Yes, ma'am, it really does.

Beautiful post!