Dec 20, 2011

merry christmas 2011

My daughter made it here from Florida...driving on Navy orders to San Diego...we will travel together from this point on to CA.
This is an old photo from last storm...this time we got around 5". Not only that, but coming back from 'Grandma & Grandpa's house' (we were driving separately because we met down there) we experienced icy La Veta Pass & blizzard in Walsenburg...--it was a very long day-- then I-25 closed because of this storm that dumped 13" in that area... we shouldn't have been on the road.

My husband was missed, but at least I had my birdies safe in my temporary nest. Many different things are happening in the next three days, but I wanted to wish all my readers a Merry Christmas!
****
Goodbye, Colorado, you have been wonderful...I dreamed a dream and lived it...but must move on for Golden Oasis still has places to go!  In the meantime, Nugget is going 'home' to where she was born. (my daughter, too ;)
Until then, everyone be safe if you are traveling...and give your loved ones an extra hug!
****
Next time 'Golden Oasis' will be blogging from where Golden Oasis started.... San Diego, California

5 comments:

Elaine Normandy said...

Safe journey to you and yours.

zippiknits said...

Safe Travels m'friend! Looking forward to meeting up with you out here.

Those storms that come over the Rockies can really be fierce. I'm so glad you posted that all your fledgies had made it. Blessings!

Vik said...

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!
Miss Molly waves Nugget hello!

María Elena said...

Hi Paula, Merry Christmas and enjoy the next year in your new home.
Hugs from Chile,
María Elena

sonia a. mascaro said...

Dear Paula,
I hope you had a Happy Christmas!
I wish you and your loved ones a New Year full of peace, health and happiness!

Send to Nugget a big kiss.

Enjoy the next year in San Diego, where I found you. Did you remember that? I am very glad to know you, my dear friend.