Nov 6, 2011

Good Sunday to You


Three Weeks with My BrotherThree Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a story of an amazing trip Nicholas and his brother took. At first I thought -'another travel journal', but the way Sparks weaves their life into the travel tales and that completely moves the story along. It's been awhile, but this book made me laugh and cry! Saying any more would give it away, but the struggles their family have gone through tests faith, love, and hope were indeed hard! This 'trip' was more than just visiting amazing places around the world...it was a time to get away from the stresses of life we ALL get caught up in...a need to reflect! If you are a Nicholas Sparks fan (movie or book) this book will give insight to where the sensitive/driven/emotional comes from. The story also prompted me to go online to research some of the places they visited...I say a good read!



View all my reviews

Something a little different here! I've joined Goodreads while I've been living in the apartment with my limited library! Most all my books are on shown at Shelfari (on my side bar) I recently finished the book above and just wanted to share....for any Nicholas Sparks fans out there :)

 Nugget's eyelashes ;)
Overlooking Colorado Springs from Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun last summer.

2 comments:

Shelley L. Snyder said...

Sounds like a good book. I really loved "The Notebook" (movie, haven't read the book)...and I think that's all of his that I have had exposure to - though my BFF has read a couple of his books and said they are really good. I'll have to try and get this one.

Wow, you've had quite the journey recently too! Love your photos - beautiful!

Cathy said...

Oh - I told M how splendid the view is from the Shrine of the Sun...next time we are down there, we're going up there!

I will have to pick up the Sparks book - sounds intriguing!