Sep 17, 2011

To Anyone that works with other people's kiddos! (warning: involved post)

This post I dedicate to dedicated teachers out there! My own thought on it is this...if you do it right, it's hard hard work!!  (I feel the same about parenting and even bus-driving)   ....and some have the talent and some don't. (period)

I got this video from Dispatch from LA....(her care, pondering, and photos are awesome!)

This reminds me of what I do with busing- in support of education. Not everyone can do it. There are many doing it...but when you can get a nice dynamic it works...  BUT in the end when there are budget constraints, bottom lines.... looking at the people that are worthy and doing it right-rarely taking sick days, many factors over-run that and ,sadly, in the end it really doesn't matter.




As my job is coming to an end...there is a lot of pondering going on! Unfortunately, prematurely, before I was able to make my strategic move the opponent made theirs. My route was taken away from me... it was said 'with new exciting stuff ahead..'  (more like- left over work...may have weeks of not having a route!) hmmm...what does that mean? 'new and exciting stuff ahead'

Correction, 'what is new and exciting stuff ahead' is moving back to San Diego! ...is meeting my husband as he comes around in his new ship!....is going to a first ever commissioning ceremony of a US NAVAL VESSEL!...is seeing my daughters navy career begin and possibly be stationed in San Diego as well!

...really makes what occurred above - is SMALL.  ....but my dream was never small and it was a good one..I will miss many good people. I learned a lot: regarding myself and others on so many levels! I'm absolutely blessed to be able to walk away...some are not going to be so lucky. This school district is an example of what is happening in America today on all levels....and it's a sad-sad thing....  it IS over for me in my head (sure I have a 'job' to go to on monday), and hopefully I will hold out until just after Fall break!  We will be staying here until Christmas break for my son. I'm coming around to the thought, I will have blog and crochet time after all :)    ....it's all good. They just won't take care of my kids like I do...just sayin'  HA!...or just maybe....I got a little too attached! After all, it is just busing. But I cannot help but think that quiet shy little boy that told me yesterday morning that he was going to be Captain America for Halloween...he was heard...he was cared for...he was not tossed around like the rest of us.

Our district got rid of 50 teachers end of last year...
http://www.gazette.com/articles/area-112930-cuts-deep.html
you know, 'innovation to education'  I just love that buzz word- 'innovation' IE.. Race to the Top REFORM. [look it up] What happens to the states that don't win the grants?...oh, wait....it's governmental conformity..they will be 'forced' to.

I would like to think whenever I have grand kids, I can look back at it and go 'oh, that really worked!' Not to be negative, but somehow I just don't think that's gonna happen.
SO, in the meantime for all the educators that are doing it right...with that hazy target above them. It's for the kiddos... after all, that Captain America that just got off my bus might be the next president!    
*cough*

3 comments:

zippiknits said...

I'm so sorry that one of the best people driving buses, and caring for kids on a daily basis is not going to be on the job anymore. It is pretty heartbreaking to hear it.

As to so called government, one of the worst problems we have, as a country, is the fact that we have now,as does England, a permanent bureaucracy that was never elected, and is never out of office. This permanent bureaucracy will make use of that revolving door to insert whomsoever they might deem loyal enough to carry out their heartless plans for the country, using bean counters and other strange hidden little people who are below everyone's radar. What we get nowadays, in office, is not exactly what we deserve but it's certainly what we never expected to get. Just think of the Secretary of State telling Reagan, to "just wrap it up!" in a breathy, growling voice. Who in the devil did he think he was, and how did he get to the point that he could speak to a POTUS that way? That man was a cabinet member, who appeared consistently IN further governments. He was or is, one of the "elite".

zippiknits said...

The video is Great! I've always loved herding cats. lol!

And it wasn't the Secretary of State, just a cabinet member/close personal friend of Reagan who did that.

María Elena said...

Hi Paula, thanks for visiting. Good luck in the change that you are living.
Hugs