Jul 13, 2011

Longing

 My two children ~ shadows long as my want for what was.
 Absolutely gorgeous color hibiscus ~ from a state that I was born in.
Pensacola Beach, Florida~ some dunes respected on the sugar white sand

Almost a week for the four of us to be together.....

~My husband went back to MS to be with the brand new naval ship until it comes to San Diego....needless to say, that time period been delayed until April 2011

~My daughter has completed her first year in the Navy...continues in her long schooling in FL

~My son and I got on a couple of airplanes back to CO.
        May 20, 2011 is the last day of school next year...as well as my work.

It's been a long time since I went somewhere and the idea of 'going home' wasn't thrilling.....I did miss Nugget, but she had fun....but somehow our 'home' feels like a 'house' and I feel guilty of that.
She hasn't sold (not for a lack of showings..now we've been 'second place' three times...which in reality is last)....trying to believe there is a Reason ~

I wish I could have bottled the 'after a rain, muggy, evening in Florida' smell. Brings back so many memories...I could see myself living in Florida again!

4 comments:

zippiknits said...

You must miss them very much. It is very hard when the children grow up and "fly away". Such a bitter sweet time it is. Things gets easier to accept as time and other things fill your time.

Hope you get more look-ins and a buyer for the house so that you can have everything fall perfectly into place for the move.

I saw a big yellow bus in a movie and thought of you. They always make me smile now because of knowing you. A sweet connection.

Sandra said...

Florida is a nice place to live indeed. I used to visit my aunts and uncles there on summer vacation.

About your question. I don't back the towel, so just try to stitch as neat as possible. Even though it's not perfect is neat enough. Thanks for visiting my blog ;o)

Cathy said...

Oh... such a longing - I know whereof you are. The blessing for me now is my son's daughter - for some reason her shadow hand in hand with her father's soothed that empty place.

Al Allison said...

yeah...Fl is pretty cool they say