Mar 4, 2011

Blackwork


Oh, I'm so excited! The Redwork on Flickr were beautiful and then I thought of the little known - Blackwork!
The possibilities are endless! I have a thought in my head (imagine that after my last post!)  Really...I have a thought I don't want to share just yet....oh, gosh- it's good....this is something that could sustain me if over the move I have everything in storage and I'm waiting on a place. Of course, only if this one sells....

Black embroidery was known in England before 1500. Geoffrey Chaucer in the Canterbury Tales describes the clothing of the miller's wife, Alison: "Of white, too, was the dainty smock she wore, embroidered at the collar all about with coal-black silk, alike within and out."

.....remember....'England'.....I'm off pondering!

You want to know what is honey to my heart? When a student says, "I wish you were my bus driver in the morning!"   (he takes a different bus to school in the morning...)  aaahhhh, I told him I wish I was, too!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi PJ! Love the kid comment, you sure are sweet!

zippiknits said...

PJ, I have to tell you that every time I see a big yellow bus on my travels out and about, I get this tug at my heart, think of you, and Smile!

Some day, the camera phone will capture one of the "local" BlueBirds, and I'll post it just for you. hehe