Nov 25, 2010

The Feast

...not a creature was stirring....all clean counter tops...

Then came a pie........or two!!!The turkey was roasted in a Reynolds roasting bag (soooo moist).......
....a few nice accompaniments...
...AND EVEN SOME QUILTING COMPLETED ON A QUEEN QUILT!!!!
My son and I enjoyed our feast. With my daughter gone for the first time ...she had some 'leave' time and was with family in GA. My husband was with some friends in San Diego..and he even made them his famous pie! It was a different holiday for sure, but I'm most thankful for DH not going to Afghanistan. Although, it is still difficult at this time to have everyone scattered around America! Rest assured, Christmas- everyone will be here! ~HOME~ home...for now anyways.

6 comments:

Woven Spun said...

Ok, so I missed it....hubby not deploying...is he going somewhere else? A cruise or other away time?

Jeanne said...

Happy Thanksgiving PJ. It looks like you and your son had quite a feast! (That pecan pie looks yummy.) So happy to hear that your DH is NOT going to Afghanistan - hooray for both of you.
xo
jeanne

Marlene said...

Wow, you've really given me some things to think about and be thankful for. #1 being the fact that my husband comes home from work each day and we spend most evenings together. Sure glad to hear your husband did not end up going to Afghanistan.

Thought I'd drop by and mention that I've answered your questions about the dolls in the Comment section under "Four Eyes". I couldn't answer you directly because your email address doesn't come through with your comments.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Sounds that you both had a very nice day!

MarĂ­a Elena said...

Hi Paula, same thing happens around here all have their commitments, but there are certain dates that we celebrate together.
Hugs.

zippiknits said...

Yummy stuff! And that is a LOT of quilting done there, grrlfriend.

Love the Tiki and the "adornments", one of them with a million dollar smile!

Is that a Bud in the top? Coors? hehe

And everyone home for Christmas is so great!