Oct 22, 2010

What Honor, Courage, and Committment really means


It's official... My husband is 'going IA'.
Individual Augmentation- it's kind of like borrowing military personnel from other branches to fill some Army jobs. There are approximately 10,000 Navy involved with IA DUTY-many senior enlistees.
-my husband is going to Afghanistan for a year-
(after 20 years in the US Navy...so much for bring a brand new ship into fruition... he had even reenlisted for it....) no whining though- my husband will do his duty to his fullest and I will continue to hold the 'fort' down...as I always have. He leaves from San Diego for 'Army' training in NJ in November. In about 20 days.....
"Be strong and safe, Honey, fair winds and following seas..." well...we'll see how that salt works on land ;)
(I have a feeling my blog is going to be very important to me in the next year...those of you that are 'with me' this long...I truly feel you are my friends..it was great had a reader find me on facebook that was a treat- thanks Susan!)
I must hold strong- I found this wonderful US NAVY tribute!


6 comments:

Lorette said...

Oh honey. I can't tell you how much I'll be praying for all of you. Give him a big hug and a "thanks" from me.

Woven Spun said...

It stinks, I know. Been there, done that, and facing the possibility of it again. Hang tight and I'll be hanging there with you.

Sandra said...

Oh hon! Hang in there! My dear godson is in the Navy, he's 22 yo. I cried when he enrolled but he's so proud of serving his country.

Will be praying for his safety and your comfort.

Hugs!!!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Yes, what a Honour, Courage and Committment, Paula!
Give to your husband a big hug from me.

Very beautiful US NAVY tribute!

Have a nice Sunday!

Cathy said...

OH Paula. So many changes recently! As always, you and yours are in my thoughts!

And you are absolutely right about FeedDemon - I love it. Thank you.

Sue said...

I'll be holding you all in my thoughts.