Oct 17, 2010

Fall, Autumn, End or Beginning?

However you want to look at it...I tend to see it as the end. I'm a spring person. I would hope it's not because it's the 'end of the calendar year'- that seems too shallow. It's the end of the various lifeforms that enjoyed the season. Packing up...going into one's hole. I trust the other side will occur. Ground squirrels will stretch, trees will bud, we will tilt once more for the sun to be higher.

I do know this: for some reason I have not taken one single picture on this San Diego trip. Actually, it's a shame because although it's been very grey..the light is correct....the leaves are on the wet ground..the colors of fall is everywhere. May not be as flamboyant as Colorado or back East, it's there! There are reason's for this. There are reason's for this post. At this point not comfortable to share.

Some blogs have daily poems. May sound odd, but I'm not usually a poem type of gal, but today I must post this poem:



Then summer fades and passes and October comes. We'll smell smoke then, and feel an unexpected sharpness, a thrill of nervousness, swift elation, a sense of sadness and departure.

-Thomas Wolfe


There are so many layers.

No comments: