Jul 11, 2010

heart hurting at the moment, but swelling with pride...



Our baby bird has just flown from the edge of the nest. I know her wings are strong enough....at the moment, my heart isn't.
Today the Navy recruiter took her to Denver for the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station)...she will be staying there and tomorrow we will go to Denver and see her 'Swearing In' (Oath of Office) before she flies to Chicago. I know it will be a surreal experience as I stood in the very same place (Denver) 21 years ago and did the very same thing.
..and following in her Daddy's footsteps...hard to believe they will BOTH be in the Navy at the same time....







8 comments:

Woven Spun said...

Oh my heart is right there on the edge with you. My daughter decided to go Air Force next year and my heart is in my throat at the thought of it.

Will be thinking of you throughout this time.

"Ta3k" said...

I am so proud of all of you and thank you for your service for our country. I feel for you how hard to let your daughter go but she is just following you and hour hubby's step which is the right direction.

Just enjoy in Denver and be proud of yourself!!

Lorette said...

Congratulations on a daughter well-raised! It can't be an easy thing to let them go off and do their own thing, but it sounds like you've raised a winner.

zippiknits said...

Hugs.. I missed my first away so much, too. I know these feelings you are going through, launching your first fledgling from the nest.

It's like the end of an era when the last one leaves, as well, and you redirect your energies. But it is good. It is good, Mom. :)

Cathy said...

What a wonderful feeling it must be to watch your daughter fly! You did a good job raising her and now she can do what she needs to do. Congratulations to your whole family!!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Dear Paula,
Congratulations to your lovely and intelligent daughter!
Congratulation to your whole family too!
Many hugs!

vanessa said...

PJ, you must be so proud!!!!!!!!!!!
please tell your daughter thanks for her service for me!!!

vanessa said...

PJ, you must be so proud!!!!!!!!!!!
please tell your daughter thanks for her service for me!!!