Jun 21, 2010

Happy Summer!

Banana-Bread Cake...more cake than bread. The color was a slight mistake, but I think it came out FUN!
I enjoy more nuts than others! My butter cream frosting is from a recipe from a good friend of mine. (...you know who you are)

...don't you love the little banana specs within the cake?
It was soooo tasty! The altitude corrections I made were a couple more Tbsp. of flour, decreased the baking soda and power each by 1/4 tsp., and decreased the sugar by 1/3 cup. It came out so00 moist and fluffy! In high altitude, if you don't make adjustments, it can be hard and flatter. We are at 6300 ft.-which isn't super high, but I still feel making the adjustments helps.
I'm still laughing just looking at the color of that icing though!!! Happy Summer!

3 comments:

MarĂ­a Elena said...

Hi Paula, color does not think it affects the flavor, is tasty. I was amazed at your comment about the "sopaipillas", you know it?
Hugs.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Hummm! Looks delicious!

Vik said...

Oh yes, looks deliciouuuuuussssss!!!
Happy Winter for me...