Apr 1, 2010

The DASH

Spunky
(Approx) Feb. 14, 2009 - March 31, 2010
After a very busy, tiring, yet satisfying day....my son went with his Grandpa to help him during his 4 week appt. We drove to their house approx. 150 miles, then my son went back to Pueblo (100 miles each way) with my Dad, than we left back together for our home. Upon arrival he found Spunky outside his house 'asleep' in a corner... he had gone to Rainbow Bridge. Two weeks ago he had a tumor on his leg and it became open and then healed quite quickly- surprisingly, within days and Spunky was back to his 'spunky' self. Apparently it was too much. It's amazing how these little rodents capture our hearts... we had the funeral at 9:30 last night. Rest in peace little one.
A wise man told me just recently, we are ALL just living the DASH. Think about it!

8 comments:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Dear Paula,
I am sorry for Spunky... i very sad to lose a friend...

I hope all is well with your parents.

So beautiful the video, but I did not understood well what "Dash" means...

Happy Easter!
Feliz Páscoa!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Ops! I mean "it is very sad to lose a friend"

Vik said...

Happy Easter my friend. Hugs!

欣盈 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
María Elena said...

Hi Paula, I read that you're too busy with your parents. Force at this time.
Hugs.

Marlene said...

That's one of the most difficult things about having small rodents as pets. Their life span is so short and yet we still grieve when they are gone. My daughter had a pet rat that developed huge mammary tumours (her back legs couldn't even touch the ground!) and when severe respiratory distress was added to the mix I took the poor thing to the vet to be euthanized. I felt like such a silly nut sitting there in the waiting room with a rat cage on my knee with tears running down my face. I couldn't help it though, the rat had been quite the intelligent and affectionate thing and had fought a good fight. It was so sad to say goodbye.

My condolences to your son.

zippiknits said...

We always adored our little rat pets, and gave them burials with much tears. I'm sorry your little fellow died after rallying so well, a shock, I know.

Best wishes to your parents in their recovery,too. Oh things go very well, and your lives are all settled down to normalish soon. Hugs

zippiknits said...

That should read "hope things go very well"..I'm on a dang net book..hard to read!