Mar 20, 2010

If you wonder

For those that wonder..I'm here, but I'm not here.
My father had an accident and was in the hospital for a week and a half (ended up with a hip replacement). My mother who has colon cancer and is taking chemo is at home and cannot travel. My brother has flown out from FL to help out for two weeks is going back tomorrow (it's just my brother and I). We have worked in shifts and I take over this next week. (my spring break, so won't be missing work) they live in an impossible area (La Veta Pass area) the snow is by the foot..the driveway is like a medium rated ski slope. they are 45 miles from anything. they don't get they need to make their life easier....it's very trying times at the moment. A lot more than this, but this is it in a nutshell.....

11 comments:

Woven ~N~ Spun said...

hugs

Elaine said...

More hugs. That area is so beautiful though, I can imagine it would be a wrench to leave.

Sue said...

Glad to hear from you. Sending good thoughts and (gentle) hugs to your whole family.

Susan said...

Well, I'm glad that *you* are okay, though dealing with a lot of stuff right now. I hope all goes well and sanity and health are restored soon.

Vik said...

Hugs, dear. Your family will be in my prayers.

Donna said...

I am so sorry to hear about your folks. You are all in my prayers.
love, Donna

Cathy said...

Hugs from me as well.
I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

曉豪 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sonia a. mascaro said...

Dear Paula,
Many hugs to you and to your Mother and Father.
You are all in my positive thoughts.

Jeanne said...

Hi PJ,
I'm so sorry to hear that your dad broke his hip. You really have your hands full. I'm glad your brother was able to fly in to help out. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Take care,
xo jeanne

Lorette said...

Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear all this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.