Mar 1, 2010

Comfort Food

I needed some comfort food...I wish I could say it came from a garden, but I can't. Lately, I've been trying to eat with color! I've toyed with the idea of 'Square Foot Garden' ...just wondering about Colorado's growing time...I really do love vegetables!
A dried-tomato whole grain roll cut up.


Brussels sprouts, yellow squash, carrots, onions.... olive oil, wine vinegar, salt/pepper, Mrs. Dash, parsley. Overcooked just a bit!

Bread dipped into the bean chili. Except for the bread I made everything..so to control the salt content! This comfort food turned out to be very heart smart as well!



7 comments:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Paula,
All looks delicious! Really it's great to eat a comfort food.

PS: I have been having (is my English correct?) problem to open your blog... I don't know why...
Yesterday I came here but I could not to leave a comment. And your page frozen...

Cathy said...

Ohhh, yum! Colors we need to see this time of year, too!


I probably guided you to Susan's blog before - but she has lots of posts devoted to gardening in the Rockies!


http://susanjtweit.typepad.com/walkingnaturehome/

Rebecca said...

Hi,
I'm back to let you know that like Sonia, something might be up. When I was typing, I got a sort of delayed reaction and while scrolling, it was a bit jerky?
Kind of weird...

I'm still thinking about brussel sprouts!

Vik said...

Delicious!! I´m getting hungry here... You´re lucky I´m so far away in Argentina! ;-)

zippiknits said...

That looks so delicious! And the bread, what is it sitting on?

PJ said...

Testing...THANKS so much guys for your feedback...it was doing the same with me! I think I've solved it- get rid of the new Moon Widget! Now it seems fine!
-PJ

Rebecca said...

Hi PJ
Yup, looks like smooth sailing, from my point of view!