Jul 6, 2009

Greatness of Two Kinds

Although, for me the choice is easy, but the contrast is spectacular! Actually, there is a 'greatness' in both and I'm glad to be able to experience both. Above is Eleven Mile State Park here in CO this past weekend. Views like this is just heaven on earth for me.




Our Nation's Capitol- where EVERYTHING is grand. I don't want to bore everyone with the same classic pictures everyone would have on such a trip with my daughter, so during my 'wrapping my mind around' time afterwards I will share some aspects that I hope will be a little different. First of all- to travel alone was an experience in itself and it was all that I imagined! This was a trip of a lifetime for my daughter and I. ....and yes, we were walking away from viewing the White House when 'N' kept saying -let's go to the Ford Theatre where Lincoln was shot...originally our destination was the Holocaust Museum (opposite direction)- we didn't realize until later that during that time frame was when that killer came in and shot the the Holocaust Museum's guard.
I'm going to try to find the most interactive or photo rich links for you, so please come along as I revisit what we saw!

2 comments:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Great view of Eleven Mile State Park and White House,too. I am sorry what's happen with the Holocaust Museum's guard...

Sounds you both had a nice time in this trip.

I am glad you make me a visit and comment!

NCmountainwoman said...

We definitely need to take another trip to DC. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.