Mar 16, 2009

Saturday Morning

Facing West.


Facing Southwest.

O beautiful for spacious skies, For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties, Above the fruited plains!

I awoke at 4:30 a tad earlier than I do on a work day. Had an awful leg cramp and heard my son walking around. His 'trying to be quiet' in the morning is like an ox romping around in a china shop! Anyway, he was off to his wrestling championship and had to meet the buses at 5:30. I love sleeping in on the weekends, but I also love being awake when no one else is. Guess what I did? I started cleaning the lower part of the house- rearranging my laundry room, dusting the 4th bdrm (computer/game room) and the family room and went through stuff on my desk. Knowing nothing was required of me that morning...these wee hours were so productive and, yes, relaxing for me. I finally captured something I've been talking about! It's only a 2-3 minute window of time. It's right when the sun peaks the horizon. A minute later- it's too high.
While everyone slept I cherished the sight.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Beautiful photos!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how wondrous!

patty said...

gorgeous pictures!!! love that view.