Jan 20, 2009

January 20, 2009

For this special day in history, I share a US Navy picture...I'm proud of what this below represents. Some may think 'war'...some may think 'spending'... some may simply see 'military'
...I (we) see 'Honor' 'Courage' 'Commitment' (clickable)


Our country has given us everything...even each other...for we met in the Navy. I'm so proud of what my husband has accomplished (and ain't finished yet!)
Star light star bright,
first star I see tonight...
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.
THIS above was the sky tonight...right off my porch!
Though many people do, many people don't understand the significance of this day...for the ignorance I over heard at work as I quickly got my keys....sadly it does represent some- "I don't understand the hype, that was over a long time ago"... little do they know from inside their life bubble. Folks, the subtlety of racism still exists even way beyond something signed into government in our history many many years ago.
We understand. My children understand. It does matter...it is an issue..one has to work extra hard...those who exceed understand it takes more than just 'self' to achieve. May our new Commander In Chief lead with the above Navy standards ;)
"We honor them not only because they are guardians of our liberty, but because they embody the spirit of service; a willingness to find meaning in something greater than themselves. And yet, at this moment - a moment that will define a generation - it is precisely this spirit that must inhabit us all."
-President Obama

May President Obama and his family have Fair Winds and Following Seas!

3 comments:

Lilli said...

I watched the inauguration today and was so moved. It does feel like a big breath of fresh air and new ideas and hope is coming :)

Deana said...

It has all been so moving. I like your spin from the Navy perspective. I think we all have so much to be thankful for with Obama coming in.

Marianne said...

I find it hard to be patient with the kind of people who say things like "that was all over a long time ago" but it is a balm to know that many people do understand and are celebrating this moment.