Nov 10, 2008

Getaway Continued...


Path to get there- Big Thompson canyon.


If you click you can barely see the 25mph sign and the curvy road ahead!The intense angles of the landscape... I could have spent more time...

The 'Resident Elk'- I've seen many elk in my lifetime, but on the front lawn of the hotel...and they use the stairs going down?! How nice of them! Pardon the night quality...I was just stunned and raced to take a shot..one is behind the left lower branch and the butt of one going down the stairs!

View at dinner.


I just KNOW I saw a face in that upper window!
The reason for this trip was.....drum-roll.... Navy conference! My husband earned The Large Station of the Year!!! (this is out of the states- Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado!) My hubby is at the far left and the Captain is at the far right.
The Captain of the command is on left, my husband in the middle, and CMC. Did you ever watch the USS Nimitz (aircraft carrier) on PBS? ...he used to be the Command Master Chief on that ship and was highlighted on the show...he was the guest speaker that night. again...lighting issues I was so upset..should have used my husbands camara! We are awaiting better ones.



He was awarded four others...and on top of that- Navy Commendation Medal! I am sooo proud of him- he has worked so hard, but also he has a very natural ablitity to sell a lifestyle that has given us so much! Of course, he is a gunnersmate at heart and misses his ships...in time, honey, in time! like his guys were kidding him that night- "Ol' Chief had to cut off the barnicals to trim his mustache for this event!" ;)



















4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congrats to your hubby for a job more then well done! Looks like you had a fun time too.

Sue said...

Congratulations! What an honor!

Lilli said...

Look at all those medals! Congratulations!

Cathy said...

Congratulations!

Great photos of Estes Park, too. Did you see any bighorns in the canyon?